A leading international client in the Petroleum Sector is seeking an enthusiastic, results oriented, accurate and assertive Terminal Manager for their Suriname location.
Our client offers
A versatile position in a dynamic environment, providing excellent basic salary with emoluments and good secondary benefits.
The incumbent provides oversight and guidance to the operations team. Is responsible for the smooth operations of the terminal (s) ensuring all operational and safety standards are adhered to; inventory levels are maintained to satisfy customer demand; effective cost management is in place; effective communication among stakeholders exists; and all required documents and reports are prepared.
- Manages Inventory by reviewing daily stock and reconciliation, preparing weekly stock advice’s, coordinating tanker receipts; and reviewing and ensuring adherence to relevant procedures.
- Ensures all staff and contractors are aligned with company objectives in HES.
- Ensures third party compliance to procedures and works with internal and external stakeholders on security ensuring compliance to ISPS regulations.
- Responsible for delivering on company goals and objectives.
- Responsible for establishing clear communication with all local and foreign stakeholders including government and local authorities and complies with local laws.
- Develops strategies to maximize performance, corrects inefficiencies and collaborates with other stakeholders to develop common solutions.
- Oversees all employee and contractor performance and fosters team work with all internal functions.
- Supervises/Manages Operations by performing terminal walkabout; identifying and closing gaps; managing fleet and other operating assets.
- Carries out administrative activities related to the management of the operations.
Qualifications & Experience
- An internationally recognized Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical field. An additional management qualification would be an asset
- A proven track record of effectively leading and directing a team and achieving targets
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a similar position in a petroleum or industrial environment
- Computer Literacy in MS office applications
Skills & Competences
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English
If interested, please email your application letter with Curriculum Vitae in English not later than
March 6st , 2018
Via Freelance (with in the subject ‘Application (job title)’)