About DP World:
As the leading enabler of global trade and an integral part of the supply chain, we operate multiple yet related businesses – from marine and inland terminals, maritime services, logistics and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.
We have a portfolio of over 78 operating marine and inland terminals supported by over 50 related businesses in 40 countries across six continents with a significant presence in both high-growth and mature markets. We aim to be essential to the bright future of global trade, ensuring everything we do has a long-lasting positive impact on economies and society.
Our dedicated team of over 37,000 employees from 110 countries cultivates long-standing relationships with governments, shipping lines, importers and exporters, communities, and many other important constituents of the global supply chain, to add value and provide quality services today and tomorrow.
By thinking ahead, foreseeing change and innovating we aim to create the most productive, efficient and safe trade solutions globally.
About the Americas Region:
DP World Americas Inc. operates 9 deep sea marine terminals within the Americas Region; Prince Rupert, Vancouver, Nanaimo, Saint John (Canada); Caucedo (Dominican Republic); Paramaribo (Suriname); Callao (Peru); Buenos Aires (Argentina); Santos, (Brazil) and Posorja, (Ecuador).
About the Role:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the main purpose of this role is to:
- Supervise department activities and resources in an efficient, safe and cost-effective manner with focus on operational performance, quality and accuracy.
- Ensure highest quality and reporting within the department and company budget.
- Monitor and ensure reporting complies with the IFRS accounting standards.
- Implement and apply DP World policies and procedures relevant to the Finance Department.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance & Economics or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience related to accounting & reconciliation.
- Prior accounting supervisory experienced is a must.
- Familiar and practiced in using International Financial Reporting Standards & financial reporting systems.
- Proven project management skills.
- Previous experience of successfully supervising a small/medium workforce (?4? employees).
- Track record of successfully building efficient and motivated employees.
- Ability to speak and write Business English at a full professional proficiency level.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Preferable knowledge of the financial aspects of a terminal business, including asset management.
- Prepares or processes the monthly financial reports.
- Prepares and analyses budgets and financial statistics.
- Ensures the correct and complete and timely administration.
- Monitors keeps the old-age overview, debtors overview.
- Ensures department processes are up to date and aligned to DP World Standards.
- Effectively communicates with other departments within or external to their functional area for training or knowledge sharing purpose.
- Supports the other managers regarding financial matters.
How to apply
Interested applicants should possess demonstrated knowledge and experience in all required aspects of the Accounting Supervisor’s role.
Send your CV including motivational letter and all relevant documents by email to us via Freelance.
Closing date: February 28, 2019