A leading international client in the Petroleum Sector is seeking an OPERATIONS ASSISTANT for their Suriname location.
The Operations Assistant ensures customer accounts are updated timely and prepares periodic reports. In accordance with operational and HES guidelines, receives product, gauges tanks, samples product and conducts quality control checks.
- Reviews payments received from customers and applies the payments to customers’ accounts.
- Reconciles customer accounts.
- Completes customer invoicing as necessary.
- Prepares bank deposits and daily summaries of payments received.
- Gauges tanks, samples product, and conducts quality control checks and inspections of tanks.
- Dispenses product to Company vehicles and Customer RTW trucks (Gasoline & diesel) where required; maintains record of product delivered.
- Participates in tanker discharge process.
- When product is received from the ship, liaises with the Government Customs Officers. Verifies the inventory and records the volumes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Secondary school diploma including Mathematics and English
- A relevant technical certificate
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar environment
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Customer focused
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office suite)
- Experience in the petroleum industry would be an asset
If interested, please email your application letter with Curriculum Vitae in English not later than November 2, 2018. Email via Freelance (with in the subject ‘Application Operations Assistant’).