About DP World:
As the leading enabler of global trade and an integral part of the supply chain, we operate multiple yet related businesses – from marine and inland terminals, maritime services, logistics and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.
We have a portfolio of over 78 operating marine and inland terminals supported by over 50 related businesses in 40 countries across six continents with a significant presence in both high-growth and mature markets. We aim to be essential to the bright future of global trade, ensuring everything we do has a long-lasting positive impact on economies and society.
Our dedicated team of over 37,000 employees from 110 countries cultivates long-standing relationships with governments, shipping lines, importers and exporters, communities, and many other important constituents of the global supply chain, to add value and provide quality services today and tomorrow.
By thinking ahead, foreseeing change and innovating we aim to create the most productive, efficient and safe trade solutions globally.
About the Americas Region:
DP World Americas Inc. operates 9 deep sea marine terminals within the Americas Region; Prince Rupert, Vancouver, Nanaimo, Saint John (Canada); Caucedo (Dominican Republic); Paramaribo (Suriname); Callao (Peru); Buenos Aires (Argentina); Santos, (Brazil) and Posorja, (Ecuador).
About the Role:
Reporting to the General Manager, the main purpose of this role is to:
- Manage and direct department activities and resources in an efficient, safe and cost-effective manner with focus on operational performance, safety, quality and productivity.
- Ensure delivery of highest quality equipment maintenance, repair and technical services within the departmental budget.
- Investigate and apply new maintenance techniques and processes to enhance equipment and facility performance.
- Implement and apply DP World policies and procedures relevant to the Engineering department.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Business Engineering or equivalent.
- Preferable knowledge of the engineering and maintenance aspects of a terminal business, including IT-based asset
- management systems or a medium-large Heavy Equipment Operations.
- Proven project management skills.
- Comprehensive “hands on” experience in managing an engineering unit (of a container terminal operation).
- Extensive experience in maintenance (both mechanical and electrical) and facility maintenance.
- Previous experience of successfully managing of medium/large workforce (>15 employees).
- Track record of successfully building efficient and motivated teams of employees.
- Ability to speak and write Business English at a full professional proficiency level.
- Ensure maximum operational availability, reliability and safety of DP World Paramaribo equipment and facilities within budget.
- Development, preparation and management of annual department budget.
- Ensure efficient and productive maintenance and repair methods, working practices are developed and implemented.
- Responsible for efficient use of available resources including workforce.
- Accountable for protection of natural and safe working environment in all activities of the Engineering Department.
How to apply
Interested applicants should possess demonstrated knowledge and experience in all required aspects of the Engineering Manager’s role.
Send your CV including motivational letter and all relevant documents by email via Freelance.
Closing date: August 31, 2018