Surmac is the authorized Caterpillar dealer in Suriname established in 1957. We are proud of the legacy of Surmac of having achieved 60 years of supplying the most important development sectors of Suriname, mining, power generation, forestry, agriculture, building & construction.
We keep our workplaces safe and care for the environment and community in which we operate and aim to achieve the highest customer satisfaction by providing customized solutions in helping our customers achieve their goals.
To strengthen our Rental & Used Department, we seek a candidate befitting the position of
The Fleet Coordinator provides operational and administrative support for the development of rental and used equipment sales for Surmac – the Cat® Rental Store. The role of the Fleet Coordinator is to maintain readiness of the rental and used fleet of equipment to ensure timely customer services by the Cat® Rental Store and support the Rental & Used Manager by keeping accurate records of the status of the fleet. The Fleet Coordinator will also support the Sales Department with fleet management duties for the new machine fleet.
Some of the objectives & accountabilities which are required in this position are:
- Ensure the fleet of rental and used equipment is always in ready to rent and ready to sell mode.
- 100% of units to be fueled, washed, tagged and ready for inspection within 24 hours of return.
- 100% of appropriate check-in/check-out information to be properly documented and endorsed by the customer.
- Timely schedule the PM’s according to PM regime for each equipment.
- Timely communicate maintenance and repair schedules and appointments with the Customer.
- 100% of inventory accounted for at all times.
- Makes final inspection of equipment before customer receives it, verifying inventory ID number, fuel level, and “rental ready” condition.
- Verifies fuel consumed and inspects all “details” of equipment when returned.
- Installs “service tags” on equipment returned from rental
- Assists customers and delivery drivers in loading and unloading rental or used equipment.
- Gives customers start/stop and general operating instructions on rental equipment.
Skills and Qualifications
The candidate must possess the following competencies:
- Able to operate heavy equipment and other machinery or able to learn to operate.
- Technical knowledge to understand the equipment maintenance process and be able to effectively execute the daily machine exercise.
- Good planning skills.
- Understand and be able to effectively communicate equipment applications and key performance specifications.
- The following soft skills: conceptual capacity, cooperating in a team, communication, decisiveness, integrity and flexibility.
Diploma tertiary level, technical vocational school (NATIN/AMTO) or equivalent and proof of administrative knowledge, gained through additional professional courses and/or work experience.
- 4 years work experience in a technical job with maintenance of heavy machinery and/or mobile equipment
- Dutch and English proficiency in speaking and writing. Speaking other languages such as Portuguese, French and Mandarin are not required, but appreciated.
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Email application.
Surmac offers a well-paid job added with a competitive benefits- and rewards package. We also offer a learning workplace with a professional business culture in which our employee will be able to innovate day by day learning from world class resources available, leading to a satisfied employee experience every day.
Address your letter of application with Curriculum Vitae to:
CKC Machinehandel Surmac N.V.
Martin Luther Kingweg 601, Wanica