Responsible to coordinate the efficient and safe handling & transport of all local and International cargo from Paramaribo to the Merian project site. Responsible to coordinate transportation of employees to and from the Merian project.
Description of Duties:
- Daily transportation requests and for special trips such as site visits, sports activities and implements the required transportation arrangements
- Adequate logistics manpower and related resources to effectively and efficiently perform all required services.
- Department operating costs are within budget
- Daily communication with Protocol and other personnel on transportation arrangements for expatriate and local staff traveling by air or land to and from site.
- Record of transportation are maintained including number of trips, number of passengers and cost.
- Routine contact with local transportation companies responsible for the movement of international cargo to ensure construction and operations maintain efficiencies. Focus on Customs brokerage activities and interface with Custom’s Officials.
- Inbound air cargo is cleared and transported to Merian site in an efficient manner.
- Coordinates customs presence for product shipments
- All inbound air cargo is fully reconciled and accounted for.
- Timely maintenance of all vehicles assigned to Logistics department
- Logistics personnel are properly trained and equipped to carry out their responsibilities
- Logistics personnel adhere to requirements of Surgold’s Health Safety and Environment Management Plan
- Logistics personnel are aware of the significant environmental impacts of their work activities and the environmental benefits of improved personal performance
- Insurances, Licenses and Fitness Certificates are purchased for all vehicles and road services licenses are renewed on an annual basis
- Good house keeping practices and procedures are observed and maintained
Pre-requisites / competencies:
- Education: applicable years of service and experience in a management position
- Language Skills: Bi-lingual both written and oral (Dutch and English)
- Experience: 5 years of management experience in transportation or related field. Experience managing 3rd party contractors.
Competencies and Skills:
- Basic Computer: Microsoft Products, Excel, Word
- Multi tasking
- Ability to Interface with senior management